Our living room, dining room and kitchen are very open to each other. I am so happy they are since I can be in the kitchen and still feel a part of anything going on in the living room.
The plates on the wall were collected by my Aunt Ella. She was an avid collector and had a houseful of treasures. When she moved to a retirement home she let her family and friends come to her house and take what we wanted. I had pictured plates like these in the dining room, so I was so excited when she generously allowed me to take them.
This is the other side of the living room and the dining room. Note the fireplace insert...Bob had wanted one of these for a few years, but I really liked the wood fire, so I fought him on it. I finally succombed a couple of years ago and I am so glad that I did. It gives off radiant heat and we literally never turned on our heater this past winter. It warms our living space and keeps the bedroom cool. I love having an instant fire and it actually looks very realistic. I will admit it here...Bob was right and I was wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment