Friday, June 18, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Today I will be celebrating my 33rd anniversary with Bob! We were married on June 18, 1977 at the Shafter MB Church at 2:00 in the afternoon. I wanted an afternoon wedding because I DID NOT want candles. Candlelighters always made me nervous. Of course I could of had the candles pre-lit, but I guess I didn't think about that. I was young, what can I say?

I wore the standard mid 1970's floppy hat and my dress had little blue daisies. My bridesmaids wore blue and white gingham and carried yellow roses. I wouldn't choose any of it today, but I loved it at the time.

I had to show this picture of me with my dad. This was taken just before I walked down the aisle. Lowell and Betty Bergman were singing "Sunrise, Sunset" and I had tears in my eyes. I was happy to be standing with my dad.
It has been a great 33 years and we are so fortunate to be able to celebrate this milestone.

No comments: