Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas, The Last Chapter

On Saturday we had our last Christmas celebration. We were at our house with just our immediate family. It was a relaxed day that started with brunch and ended with a game of Mexican Train. In between we opened gifts, talked and laughed, the men went to a basketball game and the women took a walk, we had a good dinner and we all just enjoyed being together. It was a great way to cap off our busy Christmas week.

Here is the tree and gifts before we started opening them. I go for a minimalist look in my wrapping!


Santa Bob passing out the gifts. Just a side note...when I was growing up my mom assigned each of the kids a number and that was what was on our gifts. Of course we never knew what number we were so I always hoped to be the one with the big boxes! When we started our family I decided to carry on that tradition, with a twist. Each gift is numbered and there is no pattern to the numbers. When it is time to pass out the gifts we call out the number, I consult my list and tell everyone who it goes to.This used to frustrate my children (especially Jill), but I continue to do it to this day. I think they secretly enjoy trying to guess what is theirs under the tree.



Jill and Jay with their stocking booty...


John and Katie...


My favorite things...a personalized calendar that Jill put together...


An apron made by Katie...


It was a great day. Thanks to my family for making it that way.




No comments: