The room orginally had white cabinets (with no hardware) and I wallpapered the walls with a country floral print. After that I painted it yellow/gold with an "old world" faux treatment. It went along with the yellow and red bedroom. I even painted the cabinets yellow. What was I thinking?? Also, until about two years ago, the bathroom was carpeted. Gross! When I finally was able to rip out that carpet I really wanted to tile the floor and the counters, shower, and tub, but that wasn't in the budget. So, I decided to put tile on the floor that looks like wood, so that in the future I could go with just about anything else on the rest of the surfaces and it would work.
When I went to repaint I was really looking to brighten things up after the depressing gold that had been on the walls. I went with a very light blue color (two coats!) and hated it. The room felt like an ice cube. I found this color (Benjamin Moore-Wythe Blue) and am so happy with it. I don't even mind the white tile so much. I wanted to go with some orange accents and found the prints on the wall at Home Goods.
The large mirror is from Ikea, as is the cabinet hardware. One of my favorite things in the room is the little bench at the end of the bathtub. My mother-in-law used it at her vanity for many years. When I got it it had sort of a gold leaf paint and a tapestry upholstered top. It was very pretty in her bathroom, but it did not go in mine at all. A little white paint and some fun fabric changed the look completely and now it fits right in.
3 comments:
I think your bathroom might be my favorite room in the house. So big and bright!
I think your bathroom might be my favorite room in the house. So big and bright!
i love the use of orange, very fresh and unique
Post a Comment