Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Home Tour: Part 8

Today's room is the master bedroom. This room is not too big. We decided we were not the kind of people who needed a sitting room in the master suite to lounge and relax in, so we used that square footage in other places. The master bedroom has evolved over the years. Sometime, when I am feeling ambitious, I will try to dig up some pictures from when it was country slate blue with a floral quilt and stained pine furniture. But, that is all in the past. After the blue came a disastrous gold on the walls with deep red on the bed. I was tired of that after about one week. I think I have finally hit on a winner. Bob installed a wainscot trim, which I love. The walls are a nice neutral tan and the accents are a blue/green and brown with a punch of orange. Katie added the fabric at the top of the drapes (they were purchased at Linens n' Things). The furniture was purchased from Domestique (no longer in business).

The small chair in the corner is from Bob's parents. I would love to have it recovered, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

The small framed pictures on the wall are little note cards I bought when we were in Cambodia. A man who had lost a leg to the landmines sold them to me for one dollar. I love having art that is also a keepsake.

No comments: