Every Memorial Day the women from my mom's side of the family get together in the morning to remember our loved ones. A visit to the cemetery to place flowers on our family member's
grave sites is the first activity. Unfortunately, I do not take part in this time of remembrance because I am always obligated to teach my
exercise class, so I join everyone at Susanne's house after they have placed the flowers. We gather in her backyard for a light brunch and a time of catching up with each other. This year was bittersweet because our dear Aunt Edna was not with us. She went to her heavenly home several weeks ago and is greatly missed. She had a quick smile and a quicker wit and added so much to our family.

This is Edna rolling out peppernuts a couple of years ago. Isn't her hair beautiful? She was a hairdresser in her younger years and ALWAYS noticed a good head of hair!

The "Boese" women...Susanne, Aunt Aldeen, Pam, Brenda, Marian and my mom.

Katie and Henry were also there. John showed up to take them home (and to get a taste of the yummy maple cinamon rolls that my mom made).

Henry enjoyed running around his Aunt Susanne's gorgeous backyard. She definetly got the green thumb in our family.

Susanne brought her play kitchen home from her kindergarten classroom. Henry had a great time playing with the dishes and pans. I think he has been watching his mommy!
1 comment:
Great pictures. I wish I would have remembered my camera!
Post a Comment