Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Home Tour: Part 1

Summer is almost upon us, which means I am in the mood to get my house in order. Not only is it time to clean closets and cupboards, but I also have small odds and ends to finish up to complete several rooms. In order to motivate me I am going to attempt a weekly "home tour" post. I do have one room that is a bit more of a project, but you will read about that much later on.
The first room I want to show is you actually my front porch. This area started out as a planter. I somehow thought that having azaleas and camellias would look great in this nice shady area. I forgot to take into account how much care they needed to look good and what a mess the plants and dirt were when I washed my windows. But, there they were for many years, looking neglected and scraggly, until fate intervened. About two years ago we found termites and had to tent our house. The result of that was some very dead plants in the front porch area. We ripped them out and I thought I would finally have my cement porch. Well, for the next two years I just had a dirt porch with a few weeds for color. Finally, two weeks ago I got my porch. It is plain and simple right now, but SUCH an improvement from before!

My dirt "porch".



The new look.



This spot is brimming with potential....maybe in another 18 years I will have it done!

1 comment:

Toni said...

I really like this! Can't wait to see what you come up with.