To finish off my summer I spent last week at the beach. As chronicled earlier we worked very hard during our July stay, painting and decorating. This stay was the complete opposite. I had 3 days all to myself before Bob joined me. I told myself I was going to just do the things I felt like doing and what I felt like doing was watching DVD's of "Lost". I had never watched the beginnings of this show, I just started watching it in season 5. If you are a fan you know that that left many holes in my knowledge of what was going on. I watched the entire first season last week and I am now hooked. I will have to lay my hands on the next seasons of DVD's so I can be up to speed. I also enjoyed walks and a little reading, but I was basically very lazy, which felt great! Bob joined me for the end of the week and we did our usual stuff...reading, movies, walks, bike rides and food.
But I digress, after all the title of this post is Beach Redo, Part II. So, without further ado...the week before I was there new carpet and kitchen flooring were installed and it looks GREAT!!

Wood laminate flooring in the kitchen, a vast improvement over the pinkish tile that had been there.

New pendant lights in the kitchen that Bob installed.

Beautiful new carpet in the whole upstairs. It looks so fresh and bright and clean now!
So, the beach house redo is almost complete. We still need to install door hardware in the kitchen and perhaps new light fixtures over the stairs and over the dining room table. All of the bedrooms and bathrooms need fresh paint as well. But... what has been done so far is such an improvement and I really hope all of you who visit there enjoy it as much as I (and my family) have enjoyed putting it all together.
2 comments:
That looks SO good!
Looks great! We will be missing the Wiebe family at the annual Labor Day beach weekend!
Post a Comment