Yesterday we made the sad decision to put our dog Murray to sleep. He was 14 1/2 years old and had lived a good life. He was mostly deaf and blind and was suffering from kidney failure which was resulting in rapid weight lose, so the most humane thing to do was to end his life. Alot of you knew Murray in his prime and got to witness his quirky personality. His last days he was subdued and slept his days away in his crate. It was hard to say goodbye, but now he is in doggie heaven running, barking and enjoying himself. John figures he is having conversations with the Wiebe dogs that have gone before him, telling them about all his escapades and how he escaped on two occasions only to have been brought back to us. He won't be coming home this time, but I am so glad I got to say goodbye.

Murray
1995-2009
4 comments:
Oh Sharon I am so sorry. Murray was a true friend and a loyal Wiebe family member (expect the times he tried to escape, but thats another story :) He will for sure be missed.
I bet Larry's taking really good care of him :)
Sharon I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much Murray was part of the family. I can't remember a time without him at your house (except for his great escapes). He will be missed.
WOW, I know I'm late on this but I'm so sorry to hear the news. I had no idea Murray went to doggy heaven. What a sad day. He was loved by so many!
Post a Comment