Monday, July 4, 2011

The Dresser Story, Pt. 1

There once was a little dresser that lived at the beach house. It was stuck in a corner in a downstairs bedroom and never brought attention to itself. Most people that visited that room probably didn't even know it was there. Poor little dresser. I brought the dresser home, because I knew that with a little attention it could have a better life. A life of color. A life that would have people taking notice. A life outside of the corner! This was the dresser before. A brown, bland, boring little dresser.


I sanded, primed, and painted. And the dresser is no longer worthy of the corner, it is now focal point worthy!


Red and bright, with hardware painted a glossy white.


This is a happy little dresser now, and everyone who sees it will take notice!


Check back in a few weeks and see the dresser in its new home. Isn't it amazing what a little TLC can do?

3 comments:

Toni said...

Very cute! You should share your dresser painting technique. I am always looking for new tips.

Olive Oyl said...

This is fantastic!

JHNickodemus said...

That's pretty! I'd love some tips too....my last dresser painting was a disaster!