Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Home Tour: Part 11

The Guest Bedroom (previously John's room)
John was in the 4th grade when we moved into this house and he moved into this room. At that time I put up a sports themed border (what else would I have done for a sports crazy 4th grader?), gave him a blue bedspread, his old dresser and the desk from Bob's room when he was a kid and called it good for more years than I would like to admit to. The room was well used and often smelled a bit like a gym locker room, as most boy's rooms do. Finally, when he went off to college I repainted it a khaki color, got new bedding and a piece of new furniture. It looked better, but a year or two ago I got the itch to update it once again. This is what it looks like now...

A dark chocolate brown on the walls with accents in bright green and crisp white. The headboard was cut out by Bob and I upholstered it with fabric found on clearance. The side tables were from our old bedroom set, spruced up with a coat of white paint.

This trunk has been hanging around since Bob's college days. I cannot even tell you how many coats of paint it has had or how many times the top has been reupholstered!

I really like this room and I hope my guests do too!

No comments: