Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Home Tour: Part 10

The Grandkids Bedroom (aka-Jill's room).
This was Jill's room growing up. It started out pink, white, and green with a ballet slipper border, perfect for a seven year old aspiring ballerina. When she outgrew that decor we painted it blue and white and that saw her through high school. While Jill was in Costa Rica for a summer language study class during college I surprised her and re-did her old bedroom. Now this room will be for our grandchildren, as well as for an occasional guest. All I did to make it more kid friendly was add a crib and change out some of the art work.

I found the alphabet print above the bed at HomeGoods. Actually, Katie spotted it and it works perfectly with the colors in the room.


The crib comes from Target and the shelves are from Ikea.

I framed up the little bibs that Katie made for us to announce the fact that we would be grandparents. They were just to precious to use on a baby, and this way I can always be reminded of that special event.

1 comment:

Live a Colorful Life said...

Sharon, this room is wonderful!!