Monday, April 5, 2010

Meeting Micah

This past Saturday Bob and I had the privilege of taking my brother Steve to LAX to pick up his wife Glena and their daughter-in-law, Sina, along with their brand new grandbaby, Micah! Glena had flown to Cambodia the week before and spent her spring break with Elijah, Sina and Micah. She, along with Sina and baby flew back to the states and they will spend the next 3 weeks in Reedley. Elijah will be joining them next Saturday. I think I can say that Steve was the most anxious person in the entire airport as we waited for their arrival. Micah did not disappoint. He allowed his grandpa to hold him without much fuss and no prouder grandpa could there have been. His smile did not leave his face. Micah was a champion traveler. He slept a good part of the flight and he continued sleeping all the way back to Bakersfield, where he met his maternal great-grandparents, Wally and Connie.

Greeting the weary travelers at LAX.

I think grandparenthood is coming quite naturally to Steve!

On Sunday Bob and I, John, Katie, and Henry, and my parents all went to Fresno to celebrate Easter and Jay's baptism. After we had lunch with our family and many of Jay's family members we headed to Reedley so Micah could meet his paternal great-grandparents as well as his cousins.
Glena is a pro grandma already.

Micah with Uncle Bob...he doesn't look too sure about him.

Great-Grandpa Art and Great-Grandma Donna with their two great-grandsons. They also have 5 great-granddaughters!

Welcome to our family, Micah!

No comments: