Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Belated Merry Christmas

Christmas '09 is already a distant memory, but since I never got around to blogging about our holiday I figured better late than never.
Our family festivities began on Christmas Eve. After the church service all of our family that could make it came to our house for our annual waffle supper. The menu is the same every year:
Waffles
(This year we had buttermilk, cornmeal, whole wheat and pumpkin waffles)
Syrup, Sweet White Sauce and Peanut Butter to top the waffles.
German Sausage
Oranges
This is not low-cal, but it sure is high yumminess!
The table all set and ready for the fun to start.

Everyone enjoying the food and company.
Christmas Day started with a quiet morning with just Bob and I. Jill and Jay arrived around noon and John, Katie and Henry came over around one. Of course this year was very special because it was Henry's first Christmas. Most pictures were of him...
Here he is with his new push toy.

He was a happy boy!

I was lucky enough to receive these super cute slippers hand knitted by Jill's friend Jessie. I love them. Katie also gave me a beautiful set of napkins that we have been using every day.

On the 26th we went out to my parents house for the big Penner celebration. We were only missing 3 members of our 34 member family. It was a full table and alot of fun.

My Dad and Mom welcoming us and leading in the Doxology, our favorite way to bless our food.

Ready for dinner.

A very Belated Merry Christmas to all of you and a wish for a wonderful New Year.

1 comment:

Olive Oyl said...

Your table is soooo pretty!

And I LOVE WAFFLES. Mmmm.