Sunday, November 23, 2008

Prodigal Dog

Yesterday morning I got up and took my usual walk. When I returned home I went outside to give food and water to my dog, Murray. My heart sank when I saw an empty dog crate and an open backyard gate. Murray had escaped again! Several years ago he got out and was gone for three weeks until the family that found him saw our lost dog sign at the grocery store and returned him. The first time he ran away we had to go to Fresno so I couldn't look for him and yesterday was dejavu because we had to go to Fresno again for my niece Allie's wedding. I left with a heavy heart and tried not to think too much about it since we were celebrating such a joyous occasion in Fresno! I knew he had on his tags ( he didn't the last time) so I just kept praying for a dog loving good Samaritan to find him. When we got home late that night the answering machine was blinking and the voice on the other end said that he had found a little white dog! Thank you Lord for answering prayers about little white dogs! Bob picked him up this morning and of course Murray acts like nothing happened. I am just glad that he is back and will celebrate another Christmas with us!


(Outfit courtesy of dearly departed Misty Franz. Murray had it on for only this one photo op and will most likely never wear it again, he was none too happy about that hat!)

2 comments:

Toni said...

I am so glad Murray is safe and sound. Maybe he is having a secret affair with a dog across town...Whatever it is, his doggie escapes need to stop. Does he not realize how good he has it? I mean, other dogs would kill for a ritzy santa suit!

Olive Oyl said...

PTL! Murray is back! I was getting worried... and I had forgotten about his other escape years ago!

Okay, and for a minute I was confused about who this mysterious Franz person was... I thought I knew the whole fam... then I put two and two together... :)