When we built our house every room was painted builders "Navajo" white. Of course it was 1991 so the first thing I wanted to do was put wallpaper up...on practically every wall of the house! The first room I tackled was the living room, and since it was 1991 I went country! The paper was a small floral motive on the top half with a coordinating blue on the bottom. Of course I had to have a border as well. I must admit, I really loved this wallpaper and enjoyed it for many years, so here is a trip down memory lane....
The oak shelves with country knick-knacks..
A good look at the wallpaper, and note the valance as well....
Jump to the year 2003, the wall paper has come down and in its place is a carmel-y brown color (Ralph Lauren "Thunder Bay"). I still had to work with my navy blue couches so I made window panels with fabric that was navy and red with a touch of the carmel color....
The shelves in the corner were painted red. At this point my kitchen was red as well....
It is now 2008 and my living room has evolved again. The navy is gone and so are the oak cabinets. These were actually faux painted by a very talented lady. Unless you get very close you would never know they aren't stained this color. I have switched to green and red accents and so far I am very happy with everything!


1 comment:
I love your new living room. It makes me laugh that I realized yesterday, "Someday I'm going to look back at my living room and think it is horribly old-fashioned." I guess times changes!
Post a Comment