Thursday, June 23, 2011

Charlie

Our second grandchild arrived on Monday, June 20 at 10:56 pm, and boy was he worth waiting for! Charlie Aaron weighed in at 11 lbs 6 oz and was 23 1/2 inches long. He is beautiful! Bob and I and Jill and Jay took Henry in to see his mom and dad at around 5:30 pm. We were hoping that by the time we had dinner, ate some yogurt for dessert, played at the park, and took a bath at cousin Kristen and Alan's house, the baby would have arrived and Henry could meet him. But, Charlie wasn't on our time schedule so Henry had to go home with Aunt Jill and Uncle Jay. Bob and I waited, along with Katie's parents and finally, at around 11 pm we got word that the baby had arrived. John did not come out right away so we had to wait a while longer to find out the details. John even asked for our predictions as to name and weight and Gail (Katie's mom) guessed the name Charlie! When John came out and told us the news we were all ASTONISHED at how big he was. Katie is amazing!!! After about an hour we were able to go in and meet Charlie. Katie looked fresh as a daisy, you would never have known she had just given birth to an 11 pound baby.

My first time holding Charlie.
Bob gets his turn.

Proud grandparents.

Look at those cheeks!

The next morning Jill and I brought Henry in to meet his new brother. I think it was a little hard for him to comprehend that this was what was in mom's tummy!

He wanted to check out his feet.

Charlie started to push on Henry's belly...too cute.

We are so happy and grateful to have Charlie in our family. I know he will bring joy, happiness and laughter. What a gift.

1 comment:

Me Myself and Yarn said...

Love the pictures! Congrats on your handsome new grandson! I can't wait to meet him!