Several months ago Jill told us she wanted to attempt to run in the Two Cities Half Marathon up in Fresno. She said that Jay and friend Christa were going to walk the 13 miles and would I like to join them? Well, I thought about it and finally decided about two weeks ago that I would feel left out on the sidelines so why not join in on the fun. This past Sunday was the big day and we had a blast! I was SO PROUD of Jill. She finished the race in 2 hours and 10 minutes, a full 20 minutes faster then she thought she could do it in. Of course I missed her crossing the finish line because we were still far back on the course. Jay, Christa and I crossed the line in 3 hours and 33 minutes. I am ready to do it again next year, but I will definetly put in a few more training miles so that my feet don't hurt on the last 3 miles. Thanks to Jay and Christa for the company, without you I know it would have felt like 30 miles! Thanks, also, to John, Katie and Henry and Mark and Cindy for the moral support :)
The proud runners/walkers with our finisher sweatshirts and medals.
No comments:
Post a Comment