It has been quite some time since I posted, so I will give a brief list of what I have been up to.
-I am back to work. Those of us who tutor at the school help administer a California state standardized test called CELDT (California English Language Development Test) at the beginning of each school year. This test is given to students who come from a home where another language is spoken. They must take the test each year until they test proficient in English. In a district like ours, which is heavily Hispanic, there are many kids who must be given this test. We give just a part of the test which must be given individually. It took seven of us 7 weeks to complete this test and we were all about to go crazy since it is VERY repetitive. It does make me appreciate my tutoring job (which I got to go back to this week) and it makes me sympathetic towards those who have jobs that are monotonous and boring.
-We saw Brad Paisley in concert. It was great, as usual, except for the drunk guy next to Bob who thought he could dance (the epitome of Brad's song "Alcohol"..."helping white people dance"). This guy spilled his beer on Bob's foot and then practically sat down on his lap. Bob finally stood up and put his hands on the guys shoulders and said "You need to settle down, NOW". Thankfully he wasn't a mad drunk and he kept his distance.
-We were treated to a Dodger game by our kids. We went early enough to have a picnic in the park and had seats in the shade. Henry was great and even fell asleep on Grandpa Bob's knee.

-It seems this has been the month to see shows. There was Broadway, Brad Paisley and then there was a show at the Melodrama. Warren Dobson (our church pianist) put it on and it featured my friends Cheryl and Alison. It was an evening full of great music and laughs. I also went to Fresno to see a production of "Hairspray" that starred Allie's brother-in-law, Jason. It was a very good show with fantastic talent.
-Before we saw "Hairspray" Jill and I got in a little shopping and found this adorable sock monkey beanie that looks oh so cute on Henry...
-To wrap things up I have of course been spending as much time as I can with Henry. I realized the only pictures I have taken in the last several weeks have been of him. But, who can blame me...he is just so darned cute! Here he is in his newest toy at our house...a swing on the patio courtesy of our friend Margaret.
1 comment:
I seem to have the same problem...my camera seems to only want to take pictures of one subject...at least he's a cute one :)
Post a Comment