Friday, February 6, 2009

Yikes, What Happened to January?

January should be a slow month. The holidays are over and the social calendar is not as jammed pack with things to do and places to go...you would think. For me January is busy. It is the month we start Junior Miss practice, which means every Saturday morning and every Monday night is spent with the girls. It is also basketball season, and when your son is a Varsity coach you just want to go and support him and his team...two nights a week! Do the math and you can see that between those two activities plus the usual commitments there are not too many evenings left at home. I am not complaining because these are things I happily commit to, I just get cranky when I am gone too many evenings in a row.



So, here is a picture of the girls who have been taking up a lot of my time. We have 16 girls in the program this year and they are great! I have been having fun with them and am especially happy to be working with some other great volunteers...thanks Vanessa, Toni, Angie and "Olive Oyl", you guys are invaluable!



Yay for the Junior Miss Spirit!

In other January happenings...

A week or so ago my mom's sister, Edna, celebrated her birthday at Glenwood Gardens. Her daughter, Brenda, put together a lovely afternoon tea featuring her collection of tea cups and lots of yummy cookies and cake.




Edna's great grand kids singing Happy Birthday to the Birthday Girl

.


The three sisters...can you see the resemblance?

Happy Birthday Aunt Edna!!!


January was a good month, I am sure February will speed by as well!






No comments: